Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

WFMW - Easy Silver Cleaner


Hey guys, welcome to Works for Me Wednesday! This is something new I am trying. I will post a new tip or product here every week. This feature is hosted by Rocks In My Dryer, a great blog I have recently found and just LOVE! Have fun and I hope you return next week.

Easy silver cleaner can be found right in your bathroom. What is it you ask? You may have some splattered on your mirror, or stuck on your sink (if you are a Flybaby, SHAME on you! lol!) You guessed it, its TOOTHPASTE! All you have to do is take a very small amount, rub it onto whatever needs cleaning with a damp, soft cloth- I usually use it to freshen up any silver jewelry I have neglected - then rinse it off with water and dry with a soft cloth. Presto! Clean, shiny silver! I have only used the regular paste, so don't know if gel works too. Now, doesn't this make you wonder what exactly it is that you are putting on you TEETH that can also clean METAL? Eeesh, I don't know about that, but I try not to worry about it! ;-)

Before:
Look at all that dirt!
After - Look at that Shine!
(and I don't mean just the flash!)

Note: I don't know all the science behind why this works, I haven't bothered to look it up or anything, so test a small area first if you are worried something weird may happen to your jewelry. I have not yet tried this on any "big" items, but I do have a few larger silver items that need attention so if I get to them I will be sure to post the pics! Otherwise, I am not liable for anything undesireable that may happen as a result of this household tip, especially since I am not the one who originally came up with it (don't know who that is since I have just always "known" since growing up, I doubt my mom was the original thinker behind this!).

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin