Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Countdown Paper Chain

Today we made a Christmas Countdown Paper Chain. I remember making these when I was little, my sister and I just loved ripping the links off each day.

Supplies needed:
2 pieces each of Red, green & white paper
Scissors
Tape or a stapler
Cut 4 strips, longways, out of each piece of paper, except for one piece, cut out 5 strips. You need 8 strips of 2 colors and 9 strips of the third color to add up to 25 strips (one for each day, December 1-25).

Now all you do is make a loop with one strip and tape (or staple) it closed. Put the next strip through the loop and tape it closed and continue adding loops until all the strips are used up. Easy as pie!

If your little one is too young to cut and tape/staple, you will have to do that part. But this is a great activity for teaching toddlers the colors. I asked Jimmy to hand me each strip by color as I needed it. I rotated them green, red, white, green, red, white, etc.

Help your little one count down to Christmas (starting today) by removing one link from the chain each day. Have fun!

6 comments:

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

I did that when my kids were little, too! It really helps them to know "how many" and they eventually will learn to just go to the chain if they want to know! Your little guy is so cute as he works!
XOXO
Joni

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

We made chains ..but did not do the countdown..what a great idea! By the way, Jimmy looks so big!

Hope you guys are feeling better now :)

Randi Troxell said...

oh this is very cool.. plus so pretty and little jimmy will LOVE it!!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

We did that yesterday, too! :)
The pics are adorable!

Pony Girl said...

Fun idea! I do this sometimes, as a teacher. I want to see if the kids want to make white paper chains this year in January. I think white paper is so gorgeous as decor!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I wanted to let you know that I tagged you on my blog. :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin