Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Hopes for 2012


This year our family has decided to make it a serious point to buy only American made products. We have been consciously paying attention to where things are made up until now, but we are really going to try and ONLY buy things that are American made this year. I know this is going to be hard to do and we will probably fail many times, but if there is a product that is made in the good old United States of America, then I am going to try my hardest to find it before buying a foreign made item. We also decided that we can buy second hand items from thrift stores, flea markets, Craigslist or Ebay, even if the item is not made in the USA, which could also help keep things out of landfills. The item must be from a private seller and not someone trying to market new foreign made items.

As we travel on this journey, I will try to post updates about items we have purchased and give sources of American made products we have found in an effort to help others with similar goals.

I see a whole lotta etsy and pinterest usage in my future lol! I am going to try to do DIY projects as much as possible and I will try to post about those too.

I have created a facebook page, Made In USA 2012. Please "Like" it if you want to follow on our journey and my hopes are that people will share sources and ideas for American made products to help each other.

1 comment:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That's a great idea. Looking forward to reading more!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin