Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

One Month to Go!

Wow, I can't believe I only have one more month until our new little bundle of joy arrives! On one hand, I am wanting this month to fly by because I am so tired and sore and having trouble sleeping comfortably, etc, and I want to meet our new baby! Then on the other hand, I am starting to feel overwhelmed that I have SO MUCH left to do before the baby comes! Only a couple of things really HAVE to be done, but there are a lot of things I would like to do. I have pretty much everything I need from when I had Jimmy so we are pretty much set, I just feel the need to get some little "extras" for when baby arrives. I have not, however, started to nest. I never did with Jimmy and I really hope I do this time. I need that burst of energy and motivation to get some deep cleaning/organizing done! I have a dr. appointment next week and then they will be weekly after that. I am still working on my birth plan and I have to meet the pediatrician who will be doing the hospital visit for the new baby. Our family dr. doesn't do the hospital visits so I had to find someone to do a one time newborn screening. I had a good recommendation so I feel pretty confident about this dr.

My last dr. appt. went well, another quick one, but he said the heart rate was 136 and the baby had dropped a little. The baby has been getting the hiccups regularly and movement has become a little more restricted. I can see little bumps moving across my belly when the baby moves, it is so neat. That feeling never gets old!

Here is a pic I took on my cell phone of my almost 36 week baby "mountain," that ain't no bump lol!

Oh and as far as names go, I have a couple I like, but we won't "know" what the right name is until the baby arrives. All the names I liked for girls last time don't sound right this time so I had to figure out new ones (or one really, I am so picky!). And boy names....ugh. I like 2 and Jim doesn't like either of them. Soooo....we'll see what happens! Let me know if anyone has any suggestions =)

8 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Wow, you're in the final stretch! I can't wait to hear your baby news.
I think you look amazing. Love the baby "mountain."

Jessica said...

Just look at that mountain! Enjoy the next month - I bet it will fly by! What a special time. Thinking about you!

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

How exciting... this new little pumpkin will really change everything in your soon to be larger family.. all is good!

Oh, the hard part of choosing a name she/he will have forever...

I love my girls names (dah?!) Tamis and Brea..both are different, and both girls like their names :) I also like Elise for a girl,( yes a grandaughter of ours), but not so common a name.

Boy names that are favorites for us.. Trevor, Caleb...(did I say more grandkids?!)

I pray for a smooth delivery!!!

West Texas Momma said...

Girl you still look great... I remember that last month is just so uncomfortable.... Hope it goes well and enjoy it before that baby gets here....

COUNTRY MOM said...

Ali, Thank You for all your prayers and your sweet comment on my belly pic:) I am so glad I am getting farther along now. Still having the contractions. Thank You also for the Anniversary wishes.

Love the belly pic:)

Girl Names...
Heather
Emma
Sara
Shelby
Amber
Alexis
Lexie
Kali
Grace
Elizabeth
Madison
Maddy
Lynn
Nicole

Boy Names...
Brian
Bradley
Nick
Nicholas
Matthew
David
Austin
Brendan
Paul
Joshua
Josh
Blake
Caden
Kaden
Brett
Kyle
Brandon
Justin
Alexander
Wyatt
Tyler
Reed
Daniel
Conner
Cody

That's just a few I like and can think of. Many Blessings,


Many Blessings my friend,

Randi Troxell said...

i'm excited for you guys.. and it DOES feel like it sorta flew by- maybe not for YOU but it just feels that way!

don't worry.. the perfect name will appear just when you need to!!!

Mama Hen said...

That is so exciting! Just relax about all of the things you have to do to get ready. It will all get done in time! Enjoy this moment!

Mama Hen

COUNTRY MOM said...

Ali, I was so happy to buy a new bassinet this time. "If" I ever lay him down lol.

You are getting so close. Did you ever tour your hospital? Blessings, Audrey

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin