Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Tot School - Letter "D"

Tot School 

Jimmy is 26 months old

Last week (not this week we are just finishing) we worked on the letter "D." Jimmy did very well, he says "D" very clearly. I am so happy with his progress!

Here are our activities:

We did a letter "D" matching game and a puzzle, both found at Home Grown Hearts along with tons of other great activities. I just love this blog, she has so many great printables to share!


We made a letter "D" Duck. I came up with it myself. I had seen the letter D dinosaurs, but Jimmy is really into Ducks right now so I wanted to make one. It turned out so cute if I do say so myself! I am sure I am not the first to do it, but I haven't seen another one, nor did I search for one. I was proud of myself for coming up with it on my own! Click here to see how we made it.


We read lots of books including these featuring the letter "D." One of Jimmy's favorites (and mine!) Go Dog Go! by P.D. Eastman and Duck Learns to Swim.

 We played with Jimmy's Melissa & Doug shape puzzles. He loves them but he does them very easily so I think it is time to move on to something more challenging.

And we spent as much time outside as we could. This is just the best time of year with the flowers blooming, its not too hot, not too cold...just about perfect! The fact that its been a little bit warmer than normal around here helps too!

Next week: Letter E!!

Please make sure to visit 1+1+1=1 to see what other tots are doing!

1 comment:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You are doing a great job with this! I really think I'm going to start doing this with my daughter, in September!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin