Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Goodwill Party



Thrifty Decor Chick is hosting a "Goodwill Party" over at her blog. This is right up my alley, as I have been shopping there since my mom took me when I was a little girl and now I really find it hard to ever pay full price for ANYTHING. I love all the great ideas everyone has. They really help me have a better "vision" when I go thrifting.

Here is mine. I am sure this has been done a million times before, but I thought it was pretty cute so here is mine. I found one of those wire hanging fruit baskets, this one with two tiers. I think it cost $1.49. I have been looking for one for in my kitchen, but I want a 3-tiered one. I couldn't pass the 2-tiered one up though, so I found another use for it. I made it into a hanging planter. I spray painted it black, lined it with moss from the dollar store and then I added potting soil and the flowers. Here is the end result:

Once the flowers get bigger they will fall over the sides and look just gorgeous! I can't wait! =)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so cute! Good job!

Jessica said...

Love that! I made a couple of planters the same way yesterday! I had some wire baskets left over from previous years...rather than getting new liners, I just got a big ol' bag of moss for like $3...love that stuff! It looks really cute in your baskets! I also recently got done spray painting a plant stand that I got for free from a neighbor years ago. Just like you, I can't pass up a bargain! Amazing what a little spray paint will do! ;) For another "cheap" gardening idea, stop by my blog later tonight (or tomorrow since you're a couple times zones ahead of me). I'll be talking about "Kuntry Girl" tomato planters!

Jane said...

Very cool! Just another thing to keep my eye out for!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

CLEVER IDEA! Never saw that done before...and how smart! I love your red, white & blue...but of course, you knew that, didn't you!?
XOXO
Joni

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

charming project!

Marie said...

Love your flower baskets. Great inspiration!
Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Paint Girl said...

That is a great idea! Lovin' it, I don't really have a way with plants, but that looks very easy to do!

shortmama said...

Beautiful! I am also on the lookout for one of those for my kitchen!

Unknown said...

Ooooh this is cute!! I love this idea, I'll have to check it out!! Thanks for following me lol!!

Kammy said...

Great job on the hanging basket....I will keep my eyes open for one ! Love your blog and had to laugh cuz we live out in the country too , have a dog that looks very similar to yours and his name is Gunner like your horse...Come visit me sometime !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin