Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Honest Scrap Award



The other day I received this award from Kritter Keeper over at Farm Tails. Her blog is fantastic and I just love reading about the wildlife she encounters on her farm. She always has beautiful photos to share too! Thank you so much for sending this award my way!

The honest scrap award comes with a caveat or two. First, you have to tell your readers 10 things about you they may not already know, but are true. Second, you have to tag 10 people with the award. Third, you have to let the people you've given the award to, know that they've received this award from you. Finally, make sure you link back to the person who awarded you.

Ok, here goes...lets see....

1. I used to be a Mary Kay consultant. I was almost got my red jacket too (for those of you who know what that means lol), but then after a while I decided it wasn't for me.

2. I have a pet box turtle that I have had since I was 10. Turtles were my favorite animal until I discovered horses =)

3. When I lived in the suburbs from 3rd to 7th grade, I wore cowboy boots and bolo ties to school. on occasion Then when my family moved to the country and I started my sophomore year, I wore a lot of black & more "skater" type clothes...I think I was confused as to where I was living...lol

4. My first ever kiss was when I was 15 and it MAY have been of the french type....eww it grosses me out just thinking about it!!

5. I LOVE peanut butter. Like seriously, I think I have a problem... it is soooo YUMMMY!

6. I am an artist. I used to mainly draw with colored pencil or charcoal. I was getting into painting more, oils, acrylics and water colors, but I haven't done any artwork in YEARS! I got into computers (graphic design) and photography for school and ever since working and having the baby haven't had (made) time to do much artwork.

7. I once wanted to have a girl singing group with my 2 cousins at one point, and one cousin and my friend Mary at another. Or maybe it was my sister and Mary.... I don't quite remember. But I wanted to call it "3:AM" or "33 and a Third" (like the record). I also wanted to play bass guitar in it.

8. I used to set up a card table at the end of our driveway and have my own little craft/jewelry & lemonade sales. I loved to make jewelry and all kinds of little crafts. That is how I earned the money to buy my turtle in #2. Now...why don't I do that now?? I need to have an Etsy store! I just need to focus one one thing and not a MILLION!

9. When I was a kid, I would sometimes try to get my mom to say I wasn't allowed to go to a friend's house when they called to see if I could play just so that I could stay home and read a book. Ahh, I love to read! Now if I try to sit on the couch and read while Jimmy plays, he ends up crawling up on the couch and crawls all over me! It's so cute ;-)

10. I always LOVED hockey. The kids in my neighborhood and I used to play street hockey on rollerblades all the time! And I remember in gym in like 7th grade, playing floor hockey and I KICKED BUTT!! It was so much fun =)

Ok, there ya have it. Not too exciting, but hey, hopefully there were a couple surprises in there for you! Now to pass this baby on! Here are 10 wonderful blogs I visit, in particular order:
  1. Stefanie at Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
  2. Ter at With An Angel On My Shoulder
  3. Randi at Beauty Be Good
  4. Keely at A Day in the Life of a Cowboy's Wife
  5. Kammy at Small Home in the Country
  6. Amanda at Family of Shorts
  7. Marie at Emma Calls Me Mama
  8. Griffin's # 1 fan
  9. Angie at Metamorphosis
  10. Jessica at Country Family Robinson

9 comments:

West Texas Momma said...

I am so honored and it really made me smile... And you know that I need that right about now. Thanks ditto to you.

Randi Troxell said...

aw! thanks a mill. for my awards! and great list too!

Anonymous said...

Weird-I used to sell Mary Kay. And I have a turtle!

shortmama said...

Thanks for the award! I will get this posted up Thursday or Friday!

Angelina said...

Soo wierd- the Mary Kay. ...turle...yikes!
Thanks- as soon as I figure out how I will post also...:)

Marie said...

Hello Ali - thank you so much for the sweet award. I have 2 turtles, love peanut butter and hockey too!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Paint Girl said...

Congrats on your award Ali!
Loved hearing more about you!
I love hockey, ice hockey. We have a season ticket package to the local junior team. It is so much fun!

Ter said...

Thanks!! :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Awww, thank you so much! I will post this sometime in the next few days!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin