Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - 6/22

This week I am starting to plan our menus again, so I decided to join in Menu Plan Monday over at orgjunkie.com to help me be consistent. Make sure to go over and check out all the great meal ideas!

I am going to plan out all meals this week. I am doing Breakfasts and Lunches for the sake of my 18 month old Jimmy so I am not scrambling trying to figure something out at last minute and so we don't get stuck in a rut. I will try to link to the recipes I will be using, but I usually don't make them exactly as they appear. I try to make everything from scratch when possible and use the most natural ingredients I can.

Monday
Breakfast: Oatmeal with Blueberries
Lunch: Organic or All Natural Peanut Butter & Jelly (fruit only spread) & Carrots
Dinner: Zucchini Parmesan

Tuesday
Breakfast: Blueberry Muffins - These are delicious!!! We absolutely LOVE them! I change the recipe a little - substitute half or all of the flour with whole wheat flour, add some wheat germ in, use applesauce instead of oil. I also use brown sugar instead of white for the topping.
Lunch: Leftover Zucchini Parmesan
Dinner: Italian Breaded Tilapia

Wednesday
Breakfast: Oatmeal with Strawberries
Lunch: Grilled Cheese & Greenbeans
Dinner: Chicken Taco Soup in the Slow Cooker

Thursday
Breakfast: Blueberry Muffins
Lunch: Leftover Chicken Taco Soup
Dinner: Potato Soup

Friday
Breakfast: Oatmeal with fruit
Lunch: Spinach & Cheddar Eggs
Dinner: Homemade Pizza

Saturday
Breakfast: Blueberry Muffins
Lunch: Organic or All Natural Peanut Butter & Jelly (fruit only spread) & Carrots
Dinner: Grill out night

Sunday
Breakfast: Eggs with Spinach & Cheddar
Lunch: Usually eat at the in-laws
Dinner: Leftovers

Ahhh, that feels good! Now lets hope I actually stick to it! Once it is "written down" it is so much easier. Why did I stop doing this again?? ;-)

9 comments:

rachel from springpad said...

That zucchini parmesan sounds delicious, I'll definitely be trying that one out soon! You should check out springpad's weekly meal planner, it's a great way to organize all of your menus and recipes (like this one, yum! http://bit.ly/3D6top) and I think you'd really like it.

shortmama said...

Whew Im coming to your house for food this week! Sounds yummy!

Randi Troxell said...

im with shortmama... can i come visit this week! sounds great... and this is actually a marvelous idea!!

Michelle said...

just found your blog and I love it! looks like a delicious week.

Kelly said...

Welcome to MPM! That zucchini Parmesan sounds tasty!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i love blueberry muffins! the good husband bought some today, now i am going to make some tomorrow! about the blog roll button, see i am new to all this so i don't know how to do that...do you do it on photoshop elements? what size do you make it? i am not sure how i would design it...give me some ideas and i am watching the scroll now...it seems everyone mimics something small from their header? thank you for thinking of me and helping!

Chaos Cottage said...

That zucchini parmesan sounds really good. I'm gonna try that soon.

Pam

Kelly said...

That looks really good! I love it and feel so much more in control when I've planned our weekly menu. So, I'm wondering why I haven't done it lately.

Laura said...

Welcome to MPM!! Thanks for joining us...oh and I liked the Michael Jackson tribute :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin