Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am Thankful for:



Oh yeah, we FINALLY got our F-250! It is a 2001 with some miles on it, but it was kept almost immaculate! No rust underneath at all! AND we got a great deal on it so we could not pass it up. But now I am afraid to drive it around because we don't want people to think we have money, because we really don't lol! But it is nice to feel kinda special, see what being thrifty can get ya? ;-) We could have gone out and bought a brand new truck (it WOULD help stimulate the economy I suppose...eh) and a huge loan to pay on forEVER, but we chose to go used and we will run this thing into the GROUND (which will hopefully be in a LONG time!). Jim's current truck is just getting worn out (its a 1999, high miles) and we wanted something with a crew cab so we could fit the kid(s) more comfortably. Plus it had to have 4-wheel drive and a towing package for the horse trailer =).  This will be Jim's truck, so now we just have to find me a cheap F-150 and sell my car (little bitty Toyota Corolla, good on gas, but I hate driving something so small! Plus I always have to rely on Jim and his truck if I need something BIG). Why don't I just drive Jim's F-150 you might ask? Well, 1 - because I am a loser and can't drive a stick, and don't really want to (I know, I should SUCK IT UP!) and 2 - because I would like to find one with a crew cab, again for Jimmy and any future kiddos. Plus, Jim said his truck is SENSITIVE and he doesn't want me to have to deal with it. Awwww!  How sweet....or something... lol. So anyway....I am super duper Thankful that we found a wonderful deal on this lovely, grrr-owl, F-250. I can't wait to drive it, oh yeah!


Do you have something to be Thankful for? Let everyone know about it! Just enter your name or name of your blog and add the link to your specific Thankful Thursday post (not your blog's homepage please!) Also, please add the Thankful Thursday logo or link to my blog in your post. Have fun and thanks for joining me!



11 comments:

angelina said...

first- you aint a loser.....you are a Wonder Woman- like me and others who blog with us....
Second- I think we need to get some dirt on that truck- you know break it in a bit?!?! lol
(i cant believe i said aint on your blog...)

HEY! Im the first comment today! WAHOOOOO! lol

Leslie said...

New cars are always fun to have. Congrats, it's beautiful!

shortmama said...

Great truck! I have a 2004 f250 diesel that I drive all the time! I love it. We bought our used as well and the owner had taken great care of it. Plus it had all the bells and whistles we could never afford on a new truck. My favorite, the automatic pedals! When you are 5ft like me in a big ol' truck, having pedals that come to you are awesome!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

super nice ali! i have a 2000 f250 deisel and absolutely love it. the good husband ruined it as it used to be a 'girl truck'...now it is messy inside and just a normal truck...

Paint Girl said...

Love your new truck! Very nice looking.
We'd like to get a new truck, a 3/4 or 1 ton, but won't happen for a long time. Our truck is only a 1/2 ton, but pulls my 3 horse fine on the shorter trips. I borrow my trainers F-350 for my long hauls, especially when we tow over the mountain pass!

Randi Troxell said...

love that truck... my husband would kill for a f-250 but he had to settle with a used f-150.. boo-hoo, lol!

~*Jessica*~ said...

Yea for a Truck!! I have an SUV, and dont think I will ever go back to little cars - especially with the weather in ohio!!

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

I can just see that truck with a horse trailer driving down the road...yep, that is a super sweet truck!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Enjoy that new truck. I can't drive a manual either, I have tried! Hope you find what you are looking for.

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon! I'm dropping by from Yaya's blog. LOVE your new to you truck....Wish I could have one too but it's not in the cards for me for awhile. I had to learn how to drive both a manual and automatic transmittion if I was ever going to drive anywhere.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I LOVE your blog header!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin