Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Stump Planters

I have been looking for some big planters to put at the end of our barn on either side of the big door, where the barn driveway is. I mentioned this to my dear friend Angie and she said she had the perfect thing! Two hollow pieces of a tree they had cut up. She said I could have them, so my hubby stopped by and picked them up. The next day I lost no time filling them up with dirt and getting the flowers planted. Like my hanging planter, once the flowers get bigger they will look great!

10 comments:

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

What a wonderful idea! And the plants can breathe! I love it and can't wait to see it when the plants fill out!
XOXO
Joni

Jessica said...

Very creative! I love unique planters like that! Fun!

Paint Girl said...

What a terrific idea! Love it! I might have to go search the property for some cool stumps to make some! Cool!!

Dusty Devoe said...

Love them! Can't wait to see them in a few weeks.

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

that is a good idea and 'green' as well. let us see what it looks like in a couple of month when the flowers are grown... i am sure it will be really pretty.

Sarah Suzy said...

oh wow, those look great!!!!

Randi Troxell said...

great idea... they will look sooo pretty! when the flowers get bigger can we have another pic too!

~*Jessica*~ said...

That is a GREAT IDEA!!! very rustic and country looking.

Unknown said...

Whoa, those are sweeeeeet!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Perfect idea! They look great.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin