Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lila Kitty, was that you?

We had a couple kittens show up in our pasture by the creek the other day. I went over to look at them, to make sure they weren't our kittens, and they were not. They were definitely siblings, but one was a lot smaller than the other. The little one allowed me to pick it up, but the bigger one was a little more scared. I looked around for any sign of a mama cat, but didn't see her. If she was there she must have been hiding.

I walked away to see what they would do and the little kitten started toward the road. I know there are cats that live across the street so I thought that must be where they came from. I kept an eye on the kitties to make sure they wouldn't get hit by a car. Sure enough, they were right by the road, on the bridge when I heard a car. Little kitten was about to go into the road so I ran over and scooped him up. The bigger kitten got scared of me and stayed off the road. I stood there while the car passed then put the little kitten down and backed away again. They finally made it across the bridge and street and went down into the grassy ditch.

I walked back toward the house and looked back to make sure they hadn't popped back up on the road when I saw the mama cat! Thank goodness! She grabbed the little kitten and the bigger one followed and the disappeared into the cornfield, on their way to the neighbors house as I had assumed. I wasn't close enough to be be able to tell, but the mama cat looked a lot like our cat Lila (Oreo's sister) that disappeared last year. Though wouldn't she have come out to greet me if it was her? hmmm...

This is the only decent pic I have with Lila in it.
She is the brownish thing "above" Duke's head (can you tell Gunner is a bit nosey, but he likes other animals).


Here is a pic of Oreo & our horse Gunner for your visual enjoyment....

3 comments:

Dusty Devoe said...

I just love seeing horses with other animals!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

oh, i am worried about the mama cat and the babies now! (don't worry, i always worry!) such cute photos. i don't think my kitties would allow such a large nose to get so close! they must really like eachother! have a great day!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I just had to say that I love those pictures!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin