Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another Year Older....

So today I turned twenty....uh....seven. Yep, 27. Hard to believe I had Jimmy when I was 25...I then turned 26 2 days later, but it is weird to think about. He is only a year old but if you think about it in that way it seems like he would be 2....ANYWAY I am strange... I don't FEEL 27 but then I never really do feel the age I am turning. I remember when I turned 13 everyone was like, "Oh, you are 13 now, a teenager! Do you feel different?" No, I didn't feel different, I felt the same as always. And now I pretty much feel that way again, except I have more to show for being 27. But inside I feel pretty much like the same little kid I was years ago. I am so thankful for all that I have though. My surroundings have changed a lot - I went from living in the suburbs wishing I had a horse to living in the country and still NOT having a horse to moving back to a subdivision IN the country and not having a horse and then losing my mom to Alzheimer's after almost 9 years and then moving out of my dad's house to an apartment where I DEFINITELY didn't have a horse to where I am now. I have a wonderful, hard working husband, an amazing son who keeps me on my toes, a nice house and property, and a HORSE (actually 2!). Its not all I dreamed it would be, but we are working on it. I am thankful I can look back through the years and see all that God has done in my life. He is truly amazing and has never left my side through it all. Thank you Lord for being with my through these 27 years. Without you I am nothing.

Actually, I am glad I still feel like a kid inside, it makes playing with Jimmy more fun! =D

Well, that being said, nothing too exciting happened for my birthday. My hubby had to work all day, he just came in the house a couple minutes ago actually. Another late night. My dad and Kathy came over and brought me my favorite Subway though, and oatmeal raisin cookies! Yummy! And I got to spend the day with my sweet little guy, so it was a nice birthday.

So that's about it for now, I hope to have something more exciting to post tomorrow. Nighty night!

2 comments:

Sarah Suzy said...

Your birthday sounds like mine. Just another day but with lots of facebook/myspace comments I wouldn't normally get..lol. Happy Birthday again.

Crazy for the Lord- Our Adoption Journey! said...

Happy Bday!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin