Here is a sampling of what my little Jimmy usually eats. Thought I would post it in case anyone is having a hard time coming up with ideas.
- Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat with fruit
- Pancakes or waffles and fruit
- Scrambled eggs, whole wheat bread
(not toast, toasting removes some nutrients) and fruit
- Whatever whole grain "O" cereal we have and fruit
- Cottage Cheese
- Slice of bread
- Fruit leather
- Whole grain crackers
Lunch (or dinner if not cooking a meal for whatever reason):
- Grilled Cheese on whole grain bread and some veggies
- Pasta and veggies
- Quesadilla and some fruit
- Peanut butter sandwich (over a year old and not allergic!), plain or maybe with some all natural fruit spread
(try pureeing some fruit in the blender)
- Leftovers from dinner
- This is gonna sound gross, but he loves it: Hard boiled egg yolk mixed in cottage cheese =)
Dinner: Usually whatever we are having. I separate his own portion out before adding strong spices/salt etc.
I try to make sure he gets a grain & veggie or grain & fruit in every meal, and a protein (beans, lentils, cheese, meat) in at least 1 meal, but try for 2 meals a day.
Jimmy is still breastfeeding about 6 times a day and I offer him water (sometimes with a little apple juice mixed in) as well. I hope this is helpful to someone. I know it is helpful to me to just see it "written down"!
The Ducklings have Arrived! - Meet our new babies! They are so adorable. Just 2 days old and cute as can be. They all arrived safely this morning and have settled in very well. We order...
2 years ago