Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I am feeling the call....

Something people may not know about me is my love of drawing. Ever since I was a little girl, I have drawn everything. Growing up, my favorite thing to draw was horses (big surprise!). I drew and painted in high school. But then I went to college for graphic design and things went from charcoal, colored pencils and paint and brushes to computer layouts and fonts and keyboards and photoshop. All of which I really enjoy, but I have not actually sat down and drawn anything for I don't even know HOW long. Enter little Jimmy last year, and you can imagine how my life changed even more, leaving me with not much time for anything extra besides diapers, feedings and laundry. Well, lately I have stumbled upon a couple of websites/blogs where I have found some beautiful pencil drawings of horses and other animals. It seems like I just keep "finding" them. So here I sit thinking, hey, maybe it is time for me to try to draw again. So tonight, after the baby goes to bed, I am going to sit down and try to draw either one of our horses or my dog, Duke. It all depends on how I "feel" because I have to have the inspiration or it won't come out well at all!! =) Wish me luck! I am so excited to find who I used to be and bring her out of hiding.

1 comment:

D said...

May your pencil be the tool that unleashes your soul.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin