Disclaimer: I receive commissions from some links on this blog. Thank you for your support!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WFMW - BKF for Rust Removal

Welcome to Works for Me Wednesday!

This week I want to share my experiences with a product called Bar Keeper's Friend (or BKF as I call it). I LOVE this product. We have very "irony" well water, even with a water softener. Our kitchen faucet leaks (we could fix it, but I just want a new one and am waiting for one to go one sale =) ) so I have to clean the rust out of the basin all the time. Bar Keeper's Friend is the best thing I have found to get rid of the rust quickly, safely (no harmful fumes, its all natural) and inexpensively. I get it at Target for about $1.67 for a 21 oz. can. Here are before and after pics (I LOVE now-you-see-it, now-you-don't!) of my kitchen sink and our bathtub. I let them get all rusty just for you all, although its not nearly as rusty as before I found BKF!







It took me less than 15 minutes (love my Flylady timer!) to scrub and rinse each one.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Head over to Rocks in My Dryer for more great Works for Me Wednesday tips!

1 comment:

JessieLeigh said...

Thanks for the tip! I, too, have very rusty well water and a leaky faucet in my bathtub. The rust stains have withstood everything I've tried so far. I'll definitely give this a shot.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin